The NSPCC's vision is to end cruelty to children in the UK. We campaign to change the law, provide Childline and the NSPCC Helpline, direct services for children and families, and much more.
The Work We Do
- Childline - Childline is the UK’s free, confidential helpline dedicated to children and young people. Whenever and wherever children need us, Childline will be there for them. At Childline bases around the UK, trained volunteers are on hand to provide advice and support 24 hours a day. And children can get in touch by either phone or online - whichever makes them feel most comfortable and in control. Since the service began in 1986, Childline has counselled over 2.6 million children.
- Direct Services for children and families - Around the UK the NSPCC’s local services aim to show the best way to protect children and help them get over the effects of abuse. We aim to make the biggest impact we can through our local projects and by being innovative and showing others the way forward, we can demonstrate success and help many more children.
- Our Campaigning - We campaign for changes to legislation, policy and practice to ensure they best protect children, both at a local and national level. Our campaigning efforts have seen major developments for childrens' wellbeing and safety for over 125 years.
How Your Gift Can Help
- £5 could help Childline be there for even more children in danger and distress.
- £10 could pay towards specialist therapy to help an abused child overcome the effects of abuse.
- £20 could go towards providing intensive support for new parents to protect babies and toddlers.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is a registered charity in England and Wales (216401) and Scotland (SC037717)