Child abuse is preventable - not inevitable. And it’s up to each of us to do everything possible to keep childhood safe from abuse, so children can grow up healthy and thrive. That’s why we're here and drives what we do. So as long as there’s abuse – we will fight for every childhood. Join us.
The Work We Do
- Childline - Childline is the UK’s free, confidential helpline dedicated to children and young people. Whenever and wherever children need us, Childline will be there for them. At Childline bases around the UK, trained volunteers are on hand to provide advice and support 24 hours a day. And children can get in touch by either phone or online - whichever makes them feel most comfortable and in control. Since the service began in 1986, Childline has counselled over 2.6 million children.
- Direct Services for children and families - Around the UK the NSPCC’s local services aim to show the best way to protect children and help them get over the effects of abuse. We aim to make the biggest impact we can through our local projects and by being innovative and showing others the way forward, we can demonstrate success and help many more children.
- Our Campaigning - We campaign for changes to legislation, policy and practice to ensure they best protect children, both at a local and national level. Our campaigning efforts have seen major developments for childrens' wellbeing and safety for over 125 years.
How Your Gift Can Help
- £3 could pay for our Speak out Stay safe programme to reach 1 primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse
- £5 could cover the cost of answering a call to the NSPCC helpline
- £25 could pay for a trained practitioner to deliver 1 hour of Pregnancy in Mind to help new parents with the ups and downs of having a baby
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is a registered charity in England and Wales (216401) and Scotland (SC037717). Jersey registered charity number (AJC179).